English Advanced Tutoring - year 12
Book a Free Trial Class
If you're interested in our English Advanced tutoring classes, and would like to attend a Free Trial Class, please complete the expression of interest form to let us know which modules you study at school.
English is often misunderstood to be an unpredictable subject that gives unpredictable results. We try to change this mindset by systematically breaking down the subject into key components for success.
- This course builds upon the skills and knowledge gained from Preliminary English Advanced.
- Students are familiarised with syllabus and rubric requirements from day one. Our teachers will go through the factors for success early in the course, and revisit them as they progress through the course.
- Our students are shown how to properly analyse their prescribed texts, how to identify the right issues related to the rubric, and how to synthesise analysis into a coherent argument.
- Our courses have a huge focus on writing skills - and rightly so, because English exams require essay responses. Students learn how to form a persuasive argument by looking at our text-specific model answers, and by practicing crafting their own during homework.
- Learn the right essay strategies for the right situation - sometimes it's better to adapt a prepared essay, while other situations require students to craft an entirely new one on the spot.
- Small classes (max 9) ensure each student receives a personalised experience.
- Unlike the majority of other tutoring centres, our course materials are specific to your prescribed text. Don't waste time learning general information, we get right to the point and give you personalised tuition!
- Our materials contain model answers for every situation and every type of question. Our teachers will guide students through model answers in class, identifying where marks will be awarded.
- Homework comprises of exam-style questions and exam-relevant activities that will be marked by your class teacher each week.
- To see samples, click here.
Prescribed texts list (2015 onwards)
To find out what prescribed texts we are covering this term and in later terms, please contact us.
Essay Marking Service
For English students wishing to perfect their essays before exams and assessment tasks, we offer Essay Marking Services. For more information, click here.
Year 11 English tutoring
General Maths is now offered!
Year 12 General Maths now offered on Saturdays 4pm to 6pm. Year 11 General Maths first class will start on week 1 of Term 3.
Year 10 classes now offered on both Saturdays and Sundays
Year 10 Mathematics and English now offered on Saturdays and Sundays at Parramatta. Check timetable!
Term 2 start and end dates
Term 2 starts on April 18th and ends June 28th - need additional support for your final half of the HSC? call for help!