English Advanced Tutoring - year 12
Book a Free Trial Class
If you're interested in our English Advanced tutoring classes, and would like to attend a Free Trial Class, please complete the expression of interest form to let us know which modules you study at school.
English is often misunderstood to be an unpredictable subject that gives unpredictable results. We try to change this mindset by systematically breaking down the subject into key components for success.
- This course builds upon the skills and knowledge gained from Preliminary English Advanced.
- Students are familiarised with syllabus and rubric requirements from day one. Our teachers will go through the factors for success early in the course, and revisit them as they progress through the course.
- Our students are shown how to properly analyse their prescribed texts, how to identify the right issues related to the rubric, and how to synthesise analysis into a coherent argument.
- Our courses have a huge focus on writing skills - and rightly so, because English exams require essay responses. Students learn how to form a persuasive argument by looking at our text-specific model answers, and by practicing crafting their own during homework.
- Learn the right essay strategies for the right situation - sometimes it's better to adapt a prepared essay, while other situations require students to craft an entirely new one on the spot.
- Small classes (max 9) ensure each student receives a personalised experience.
- Unlike the majority of other tutoring centres, our course materials are specific to your prescribed text. Don't waste time learning general information, we get right to the point and give you personalised tuition!
- Our materials contain model answers for every situation and every type of question. Our teachers will guide students through model answers in class, identifying where marks will be awarded.
- Homework comprises of exam-style questions and exam-relevant activities that will be marked by your class teacher each week.
- To see samples, click here.
Prescribed texts list
Area of Study - Belonging
- Immigrant Chronicle - Peter Skryznecki
- The Crucible - Arthur Miller
- Romulus, My Father - Raimond Gaita
- The Simple Gift - Steven Herrick
- Frankenstein / Bladerunner
- King Richard III / Looking for Richard
- Pride and Prejudice / Letters to Alice
- Gwen Harwood poetry
- W.B. Yeats poetry
- Birthday Letters
- Julius Caesar
- Snow Falling on Cedars
- The Fifth Gate
If the above list does not include one or more of your texts, we may still have a solution for you. Give us a call and tell us what texts you would like us to offer. We may be able to accommodate your request!
Essay Marking Service
For English students wishing to perfect their essays before exams and assessment tasks, we offer Essay Marking Services. For more information, click here.
Year 11 English tutoring